The Intuitive Reasonings of Jessica

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Art

Now that midterm has come and gone and I have received all of my art from A&D 113 back from my TA, I have decided to post some of my favorite pieces. First, is the ink wash still life. The assignment was to draw a still life that was set up in the studio using ink, and then complete the picture with hatching and cross-hatching on top of the wash.

The next picture I am posting is the positive/negative space. The assignment was to draw panels on our paper (most people drew boxes; I chose to draw abstract shapes with zig-zag edges) and then draw a different thumbnail in each panel using negative space. The still life was set up in the studio and we just got to pick which angles to draw from and what to include in our thumbnails. This was the first picture that we had the option to experiment with color in, and I was very happy do so. Finally, I am posting my landscape. We were allowed to draw anywhere we wanted, so I chose to draw in the graveyard on Salisbury Street.

~Thanks to Andrew Wegener for taking the pictures~

Jessica 8:31 AM

4 Comments:

I love the graveyard. Both in your picture and being in it :-)
you love being in the graveyard, sara?

okay, don't be rash, we can talk through this thing . . . life is beautiful, think about all the good things about it. i know times can be tough, but think about andrew . . . think how he would feel!

life is a gift and a blessing! don't despair . . . death is not the answer. you can get help . . . we can get you to a psychiatrist or a pastor!

good heavens, i hope this post is in time!!!
i especially like the second one down.

very jazzy - almost art deco
You are good at this stuff dear one.

Mr. W

Add a comment

free counter
Chadwick's Discount Code