The Intuitive Reasonings of Jessica

Monday, December 25, 2006

Coconuts

A couple of weeks ago, my mother sent Shingle Paradise a care package for finals week. It contained lots of delectable treats, including some fresh fruit. Most of it got eaten quite quickly. The very last thing to go was a coconut. None of us had ever had a real one before, and therefore we were a little unsure of what to do with it.

Finally, the day after the Jet concert, we carried it over to Cair Paravel, where Andrew was. We debated how to open it for a few minutes. Then I called Green Gable in quest of a saw. They had none. I then suggested to Andrew that he drill a hole in it so we could drink the milk. He did so, but, unfortunately, coconuts do not contain sweet coconut-flavored milk. I could have sworn they did. But alas, all the liquid inside was a little bit of nasty tasting oil.

Once we had emptied the coconut of the miniscule amount of liquid it contained, Sara and Andrew went outside to drop it on the sidewalk. I updated Andrew's to-do list while they were out. They came back in with fragments of coconut bark and delicious-looking white coconut meat. I eagerly sank my teeth into the white stuff. Once my taste buds registered the flavor, I was equally eager to dispel my teeth from it.

The simple fact is: real coconuts are disgusting. Who would ever have guessed? It smelled like the yummy dried stuff you can buy in a grocery store, but it tasted like soap.
Jessica 11:12 PM

1 Comments:

Yeah, that's a sad life lesson I learned a long time ago. Real coconuts ARE disgusting.

Add a comment

free counter
Chadwick's Discount Code