The Intuitive Reasonings of Jessica

Monday, December 04, 2006

Musings from within Jessica's brain

Yesterday, I went to Von's to return a movie that was so FRICKIN' AWESOME that the boys at Cair Paravel are going to buy it for us. Since I was out anyway, I decided to go across the street to get a kneaded rubber eraser at Follet's.

At both stores, I felt bad for the cashiers who had to work on the Sabbath. Then, I wondered why they had to work on Sunday anyway. I came to the conclusion that it was because of people like me who shopped on the Sabbath, because, if no one bought anything on Sunday, the managers wouldn't waste the money to keep the stores open on Sunday. Then, I wondered if maybe I shouldn't shop on Sundays. But then I figured that the cashiers who were Christians (if there were any) probably didn't have to work on the Lord's Day because they'd probably told their managers that they can't work on Sundays.

So, my dear beloved readers, what is your opinion on the subject?
Jessica 11:31 AM

1 Comments:

My opinion is not worth sharing, and I am not going to tell it in hopes that I might persuade you one way or the other. What I will do is point out that not all Christian cashiers can get Sunday off.

Add a comment

free counter
Chadwick's Discount Code