The Intuitive Reasonings of Jessica

Monday, February 12, 2007

My Awesome Weekend

This weekend, I had a time that cannot be more eloquently described with any word other than "awesome". It all started at about 4 am when I had a very enlightening conversation with someone sleeping in my sister's bed. Because the person was sleeping in my sister's bed, I naturally assumed that she was my sister. Had I been more awake at the time, I would quickly have realized that she was not my sister, because, while my sister talks in her sleep, she always wakes up immediately if one replies to her odd questions. This person, on the other hand, was more loquacious than any other sleeping person I have ever conversed with.

I did not realize that the person was not my sister until I went downstairs and found her sleeping on our couch. At that point I determined that the insightful dialogue of the wee hours of the morning had been but a dream.

I then went upstairs and turned the lights on in my darkened bedroom, and began loudly playing on my sister's computer while packing for an exciting trip I was about to embark upon (I excel at multi-tasking; right now, for instance, I am drinking chocolate milk and typing on Mia's computer at the same time). I heard some heavy breathing from my sister's loft bed above my head. I again discarded the notion as absurd. However, once the person rolled over, I got up from the computer to investigate. Lo and behold, there was a chick in my sister's bed who shall remain anonymous because I am uncertain as to whether she would like to have her sleeping habits posted on the internet.

At 8 am, the truly awesome part of my weekend began with a loud knock on my door by none other than N "N" A himself! Kara, Mia, and yours truly all entered Nathan's vehicle, and we set out for Cary Quad, where Josh Johnson joined the excitement. Time passed quickly as we discussed baby names and other intriguing topics.

Before we knew it, we were at the Johnsons' house. Josh exited the vehicle and entered his beautiful abode. This stop on our exciting adventure seemed unmonumental at the time, perhaps not even worth mentioning on The Blog. However, we later discovered that within the Johnson house, Mrs. Johnson bakes amazing food. You would have to taste it to understand, but just take my word for it.

The rest of us went to Kara's uncle's house, where Amanda, Faith and Mrs. Wegener were. Kara, Mia, and yours truly entered the lovely house, as N "N" A roared off to who knows where.

Mrs. Wegener drove us to the beautiful Wegener home, where time passed very quickly. I read the children several books, including an encyclopedia article entitled "Picasso, Pablo". Unfortunately, that story bored dear Ben, so we moved on to a Dr. Seuss book that he enjoyed much more. I was deeply disappointed that he didn't enjoy the encyclopedia article very much, because I had done my very best to use tonal fluctuations to make the story more interesting. I even paused to describe the term "Cubism" to him.

We played several deeply entertaining games of "Sorry!" Unfortunately, through the game, we discovered that dear Paul is a tad fickle. Once he decided that Amanda's team was going to beat the team that Faith and I were on, he promptly left us and joined her team. I have since gotten over the pain. The fact that Faith and I beat Amanda and Paul helped slightly.

On Sunday morning, we went to church, and Pastor Bailey decided that it was my turn to make dinner this Sunday. I should never have agreed to that bet, but who would have thought that he really uses the word "Adam" in every sermon? I shall never doubt Kara again. At least not when Sunday dinner is at stake.

After church, we went home to a delectable meal cooked by Mrs. Wegener. It was absolutely scrumptious. Following the meal, we were able to play with the adorable children for several more hours before it was time to go home. We were all exceedingly bummed to leave.

On the way home, we listened to several enlightening Beatles CD's because we hitched a ride with Andrew instead of N "N" A.

We stopped by the Johnson's house on the way home to regain Josh. It was at that point that we got a glimpse of the house's awesomeness. As we pulled into the driveway, Mrs. Johnson came out with a box of amazing food for us! We were so stoked. The heavenly loaf of wheat bread got us all the way home (except for a quick stop at Arby's which the others insisted on). And I just now discovered the cinnamon swirl bread. In fact, I am eating it right now (those awesome multi-tasking skills!).

We then returned to Paradise. Andrew was very stoked to see my sister, because he had not seen her for almost 24 hours. She was very stoked to see all of us because she was lonely due to our absence. I guess the person who slept in her bed didn't stay for very long.

After we had unpacked Andrew's trunk, we discovered an exciting box that had arrived the day before. It was adressed to "Jessica Young". Stokedly, I opened it. I had a surmise as to its contents because I recognized the handwriting on the front of the box. As soon as I caught a glimpse of its contents, my stokedness increased exponentionally. Swedish cinnamon rolls, cookies, and muffins from my mother all for me!!!!! After I read the note, I discovered that they were not all for me and that I was to share with my roommates. However, my stokedness did not decline.
Jessica 1:11 PM

2 Comments:

Glad you liked the bread. It's a tradition started with Kara, so thank her. I try to send bread home when I know she, Josh, etc. are coming home... So, in future, to those coming to this corner of the world, place your order first... I'll do my best.
Mrs. J,
I like bread... I also like to make bread... Too bad I don't have a kitchen, or any time.

Jess, you made me laugh, especially those great multitasking skills you possess ;)

Add a comment

free counter
Chadwick's Discount Code