The Intuitive Reasonings of Jessica

Monday, March 19, 2007

Update

So, this is kind of an update just for the sake of updating. Pathetic, I know, but I don't really have much to say. I had been planning on writing about all of my exciting spring break adventures, but, unfortunately, spring break wasn't all that exciting.

Chicago was fun, though. My group went to the Lego store, walked around downtown, went to Navy Pier, and then met everyone else at the pizza place for dinner. After dinner, we met the people we were staying with. I spent the night at Naomi's house. She was awesome. She had baked cookies and pies for us, and she was really fun to talk to.

After church on Sunday morning, we headed back to W. Laf. Josh kindly drove Sara and me to our parents' house in Indy, where I spent the rest of break, which was disappointing because I had planned to spend the last weekend at the Wegeners'. I had been looking forward to playing Sorry! and Candy Land with Faith and Amanda, and reading exciting books with Paul and Ben, and jumping on the trampoline with all of them, and sheering Kara's lovely goats, but, alas, I had to work on Saturday. And that foiled my exciting plans.

But at least I made some $$$.

And when Kara returned to Paradise on Sunday night, she brought a lovely loaf of delicious bread baked by none other than Mrs. Johnson. We were all quite stoked upon its arrival. Oh, and we were pretty stoked to see Kara too.

And, to make up for this boring post, here is... (dum dum dum) a statue by Picasso!!! This lovely piece stands at E Washington St and S Dearborn St in Chicago. (Dang, we could have seen it!)

Interestingly, the great Picasso never set foot in Chicago. This statue, which stands at a magnificant 50+ feet, was built from a 42 inch model.
So, what is it, folks? A horse? A lion? An ex-girlfriend (my personal guess)?
Jessica 1:36 PM

3 Comments:

Shearing has an "a," my dear.

And may I remind you again that working was your personal choice? You were not scheduled. You chose to say yes when they asked if you wanted to sub. Therefore, quite enough of the whining.
Awesome bread? Did you hear the story? I fell asleep and woke up WELL AFTER the timer had beeped. But, the inside of the loaves were quite yummy, just had to chisel your way in... Glad you enjoy the bread, you can thank Kara. She started the tradition.
Blessings, Mrs. J
p.s. I grew up near Chicago and I often thought that statue was at least ugly, if not downright scary! His girlfriend? OH MY! I would hate to see model of his enemy!
Isn't ex-girlfriend too often synonymous with enemy?

Add a comment

free counter
Chadwick's Discount Code