The Intuitive Reasonings of Jessica

Friday, July 11, 2008

Why America is Fat

For our 4th of July picnic, I made jello with Coca Cola in it. The recipe called for a 12 oz. can, so when my dear mother and I went to the grocery store, I looked for cans of Coke. Lo and behold, there were no 12 oz. cans in the pop isle, or even in the pop machine outside! Apparently, the 20 oz. plastic bottle has become the new standard size. Not wanting to give up so soon, I decided to try the drug store on the way home. They too only sold 20 oz. or larger bottles of Coke. I finally gave in and bought the 20 oz. bottle. Sadly, some of it went to waste because I couldn't quite bring myself to drink it all. The stuff is so sickly sweet. Neither of my parents could down very much either.

After our 4th of July picnic, where Coke-flavored jello was enjoyed by all, my parents and I went sight-seeing for a while. We visited one of the oldest privately-owned mills that still runs, and inside they sold an eclectic collection of random items, among them vintage Coke bottles. I happened to notice that the original size of the little glass bottles is only 8 oz.--nearly a third of the current size! And that, my dear readers, is the reason why America is fat. It's all Coke's fault.
Jessica 10:08 PM

2 Comments:

:) wow.
Now I understand!

Add a comment

free counter
Chadwick's Discount Code