The Intuitive Reasonings of Jessica

Monday, January 19, 2009

Changes

Last semester (Fall 2008), I began my junior year at Purdue with a brand new major. Switching from Graphic Design to Art Education wasn't too big of a change because I already had all of the core art classes done. However, I will have one or two extra semesters at Purdue.

When I switched my major, I wasn't sure how God would work things out. I knew I wanted to be a teacher, not someone who sits behind a desk at a computer all day. My Block 1 experiences at Jefferson High School confirmed that. I really enjoyed building relationships with the students, and I know that God will be able to use me to witness to my future students.

However, my dad had offered to pay for 4 years of my tuition, and switching my major so late in my college career required at least one extra semester of classes. In the back of my mind, I always remembered that I had paid for my freshman year myself out of my savings account. However, I wasn't sure if my dad would count that as one of my four years because he had bailed me out when I had been unable to pay rent that spring.

Over winter break, my dad told me that he would indeed pay for my "super senior" year. I know that God is working things out for me, and it is such a comfort to know that he is in control!

A few months ago, my sister found out about an opportunity to have an internship at the State House. It was a great offer, and after several interviews, she was offered the position. However, if she accepted, Eleni and I would be left without a third roommate this semester.

After much deliberation, Sara accepted the job, and moved out of our apartment over winter break. Shortly afterwards, Charity called Sara from Australia, saying that she wanted to move in to our apartment for the spring semester. By the grace of God, we now have a third roommate! She is in the process of moving in right now.

Currently, I am struggling a little bit financially. I am taking Painting 1 as a studio art course this semester, and I will have to purchase hundreds of dollars of oil paints. After the first week of classes, I had spent an average of $100 per class on text books, and received an electric bill for over $100. On Friday, I had no choice but to return a few books. However, the education program at Purdue has an extra copy of two of the books (the ones I returned), so I think that I will be able to manage without them if I can get my homework done during business hours when I will be able to use the extra copies. I know that God is in control, and I am learning to trust more.
Jessica 5:10 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

free counter
Chadwick's Discount Code