The Intuitive Reasonings of Jessica

Friday, April 24, 2009

God's Providence

In WIT a few weeks ago, Jenny asked us if there was anything we were really trusting God for. I said that I was trusting God for a summer job, but that I didn't feel like I was trusting Him enough because I wanted a really awesome job, but I was losing hope and starting to think I would settle for just about anything. However, I knew that God had a plan for my summer, and that He would provide me with the perfect job.

I have since filled out a half dozen more applications, and emailed student coordinators at other Purdue dining courts (since Ford is closed this summer). Earlier this week, the student coordinator at Windsor Dining Court had emailed me, asking what my availability was. That sounded hopeful, so I immediately responded that my availability was unchecked, save for Sundays, on which my availability was naught. The coordinator responded that I should come in to fill out an application, so I proceeded to do so the next day.

As I walked into Windsor, I saw people wearing uniforms indicating that they were student cooks, student supervisors, administrators, and other such personages of whom I was accustomed to seeing at Ford. Oddly enough, I felt immediately at home on the grounds of Ford's rival. I proceeded to the office, where I encountered the student coordinator I had been emailing. Upon introducing myself to him, I found that he remembered me. He handed me an application, and I filled it out and returned it. Then, he asked me to step behind his desk so I could see my tentative schedule on his computer. I was pleased to see big black boxes covering up every Sunday.

"So, does this mean I'm hired?" I asked. 

"Yes," said he. "I just needed you to fill out an application for our records."

"Praise God!" said I on the inside. "Excellent! I'm looking forward to working with you guys," said I on the outside.

I spent the rest of the day floating around on cloud nine. Less than 24 hours later, I received a call from Hilltop Apartments, who had received my application and wanted to interview me. I politely informed them that I had already accepted another position, and would not be able to join their cleaning crew in mopping floors, scrubbing toilets, and whatever else they intended to do this summer. (Praise God!)

The only glitch in my happy story is that my job at Windsor does not start until June 8th. However, upon reviewing my finances, it looks like I will be able to pull through until then, since I will be working a few extra shifts at Ford during finals week.

Now, I have all of May free for roadtrips, visits to my parents' abode, and some painting. I've been meaning to paint my own interpretation of Apollo and Daphne for some time now, and it looks like the month of May just might give me the time slot I've been looking for.
Jessica 1:20 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

free counter
Chadwick's Discount Code