The Intuitive Reasonings of Jessica

Friday, August 21, 2009

Being Green

Last weekend, I went to the Indianapolis Goodwill to see what new exciting things they had accumulated since I had last visited. To my delight, I immediately found several items I desperately needed. However, as I kept shopping, my delight waned as I realized that I wouldn't be able to bring home everything I wanted. I finally decided to purchase four shirts. One of them was an olive green T-shirt with a splotchy, artistic recycling symbol on it. I originally debated whether or not I should buy a shirt promoting recycling when I throw all of my Gatoradebottles in the trash after consuming the delicious beverage within. However, upon returning home, I realized that the simple act of purchasing a shirt at Goodwill instead of the mall was actually recycling! I now wear my recycling shirt with pride, happy to be green and wear recycled clothing as I continue to fill our dumpster with tin cans and plastic bottles.
Jessica 2:53 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

free counter
Chadwick's Discount Code