The Intuitive Reasonings of Jessica

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Living for Christ

As a Christian, my sole goal in life is to bring glory to God. I truly believe that God has a plan for my life, and that even now He is using me to further His kingdom.

I am currently reading through Paul's letter to the Philippians, and I was impressed by Paul's selfless attitude about living for Christ. Philippians 1:21-24 says, "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose. But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake."

In those verses, Paul says that he truly desires to go to Heaven to be with Christ, but that he is staying on to labor for God. I wish I had an attitude more like that! Paul was living his life for Christ alone. I must admit that I am living my life not only for Christ, but also for all the pleasures God has blessed me with, like ice cream and spending time with my friends. Paul didn't say, "I don't want to go just yet because I want to have one more bowl of ice cream and another chat with my best friend." He said, "I don't want to go just yet because 'to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake' (Philippians 1:24)." What a wonderful example for the rest of us!
Jessica 11:58 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

free counter
Chadwick's Discount Code